| Position Summary/Overview |
Riverport is seeking a motivated Sr. Production Underwriter that enjoys wearing multiple hats and working in a dynamic environment to produce profitable growth and retention of assigned program business in accordance with profit and production goals. We are looking for candidates that have experience in professional liability and have medical professional underwriting experience in home health care, hospice care, assisted living and senior housing. This person should have at least five years of insurance underwriting experience.
Perform marketing functions:
• Develop and successfully implement focused marketing plans and strategies.
• Conduct producer affiliate (Agent/Broker/Consultant) visitation.
• Conduct direct prospect visitation.
• Solicit/develop new business opportunities, both direct and through agents/brokers/consultants, from prospect phase to closing phase.
• Provide regular reports of marketing program status, including to client’s Boards of Trustees and Directors, if applicable, for assigned programs.
Perform underwriting functions:
• Screen new business submissions, obtain information, as needed.
• Determine acceptability of risks, including examination of exposures/controls and analysis of loss experience.
• Work in a proactive fashion to write desirable new business which has potential to contribute to an overall program growth and underwriting profitability.
• Prepare quote proposals.
• Follow-up with producer or direct prospect prior to quote presentation and after the presentation, to determine what else is needed to be successful.
• Coordinate efforts with Claim, Loss Control, and other program service personnel as needed and/or in conjunction with established program management operational procedures.
• Participate in and provide information for periodic audits.
Other essential functions:
• Provide clear direction and mentorship to less-experienced colleagues and administrative support staff.
• Participate in training of less-experienced staff.
• Ability to travel on a regular basis, to include out-of-state, overnight and multiple night trips.
• May perform other functions as assigned.